Nominations are now open for delegate, vice delegate and officer positions for the 2018-19 SGP Board which will be constituted after the June AGM. You can read the Election Notice here and download Nomination papers. The election Schedule outlines the important dates you need to know. Remember that nominators and seconders for district delegate and vice delegate positions must have their registered address in the same district as the nominee.Read More
Category Archives: Members Only
SGP has learned that the BC College of Pharmacists has created a draft Certified Pharmacist Prescriber proposal. An on-line engagement by the College of Pharmacists is underway to seek feedback. This proposal signals a significant change in the primary care landscape. Read the proposal and have your say by answering their survey before June 30.
Let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Let Doctors of BC know your thoughts here
Join us at the crack of dawn for SGP’s 2016 Annual General Meeting. We meet before the Doctors of BC AGM – that means a 7:30 am start! Read the details and plan to come.Read More
Here are the top 5 billing tips voted by participants in SGP’s 2015 billing webinar for residents:
- On your first day of work, submit 14070, (or 14071 if locuming) to be able to bill 14076 phone calls, and 14077 case conferences when working in attachment practices.
- Locums have their own 100 prevention fees (14066) to bill per year when covering for an MRP physician
- A housecall done any day of the week between 0800- 2300 is billed as 00103 ($110.26)
- Locums have their own 1500 phone calls to patients (14076) to bill per year when working in “attachment” practice
- Set aside some time in your schedule for booked telephone calls
Note: Fee codes are all red active links in the SGP fee guide. Hover over the number to see what the fee is.
SGP has received many questions about clauses in EMR contracts related to patient privacy issues, data sharing, patient portals and more. There is need for clear policy to help physicians navigate these waters.
CMPA provided us with some advice which we encourage you to read. Click hereRead More
Read the Highlight Sheet of the tentative new Physician Master Agreement and be sure to vote.
The message below was sent to SGP members:
The SGP Board has now had the opportunity to review the tentative new Physician Master Agreement and voted unanimously to endorse it.
We thank the members of the Statutory Negotiations Committee and the Doctors of BC Negotiations Department for all the work they did to reach this agreement, which we feel is a good one. This is especially true in light of the government’s strict fiscal restraint on public sector wage increases.
The 5 year deal addresses all the key issues identified by doctors:
- funding to cover the rising cost of doing business
- funding targeted fairly to physician expressed priorities
- funding and support to enhance physician influence in facilities.
Benefits will be maintained, and CMPA reimbursement will be funded at 70% despite a doubling of CMPA dues.
Highlights of the new agreement can be found in the SGP website news
You will also receive a comprehensive outline of the whole agreement as part of the ratification package from Doctors of BC and voting will take place Nov. 12- Dec. 4.
We will be voting in support.
Lawrence Welsh, SGP President and your SGP Board delegatesRead More